Douglas I. Walker, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Microplastics have been found in water, air, and soil–in urban environments and all the way to formerly pristine settings like the Arctic. Dr. Walker is working with collaborators across the globe to advance our understanding of how this pollution is impacting human health and will discuss how an exposomic framework makes tackling 10,000s of plastic compounds possible.
Moderator: Diane Tuft, Institute for Exposomic Research Executive Board
Environment and Health Lunchtime Chat Series
Each webinar features a 25 minute presentation followed by a 20 minute moderated discussion. This series aims to reach broad audiences to educate families and communities about how the environment shapes health.
Watch the full webinar:
More Lunchtime Chats:
- WATCH: Toxic Soup: Using Science to Guide Better Choices at Home and Beyond
- WATCH: Understanding Exposures to Cleaning Chemicals and Disinfectants in Latinx Domestic Cleaners in New York City
- WATCH: Count Down: How Our Modern World Is Threatening Sperm Counts, Altering Male and Female Reproductive Development, and Imperiling the Future of the Human Race
- WATCH: Translating Children’s Environmental Health Research into Program and Policy Change: Working Together Towards Environmental Health in All Policies
- WATCH: Children’s Asthma and Reducing Environmental Triggers: Pediatric Perspectives
- WATCH: Air Pollution and Climate Change: the Next Societal Public Health Challenge
- WATCH: Autism, ALS, and other Complex Neurological Disorders: Understanding Life-long Environmental Exposures and Risks for Disease
- WATCH: From the Air We Breathe to the Food We Eat: Uncovering the Potential of the Exposome to Understand Health
- WATCH: What Newborn Screening Dried Blood Spots Can Tell Us about Early Life Environmental Exposures that May Contribute to Disease
- WATCH: Stress and Childhood Asthma: How to Protect Children
- WATCH: Understanding The Role of Exposomics For Clinical Care
- WATCH: Preventing food allergy; It’s more than what is on your fork
- WATCH: Detecting autism at birth and opportunity for early intervention
- WATCH: How daytime light improves your nighttime sleep and leads to better health
- WATCH: How your foods can be protective and improve your health
- WATCH: Microplastics – Taking an exposome approach to measure emerging exposures of concern
- Environment & Health Lunchtime Chat Webinar Series
- WATCH: Forever Chemicals in Everyday Products and Your Health
- WATCH: Air Pollution and Heart Health
- WATCH: Nutrition and Gut Microbiome
- WATCH: Climate, Air Pollution and Increased Lung Disease Risk: How Can Exposomics Identify the Most Vulnerable?
- Q&A: Dr. Ryan Walker Answers Your Nutrition and Gut Microbiome Questions